Here is a snapshot of what the current stock market looks like as of 05:49 of 24th June 2016, the morning after the EU Referendum in which the UK voted to leave the EU:
-£122,000,000,000 has been wiped off the value of the FTSE 100.
– The pound is down 10% against the United States dollar. This is the largest drop in 40 years. This is continuing to drop right now. (15 cents)
– The pound is down 15% against the Chinese Yen.
– American stock futures plunge in preparation for ‘day one’ aftermath.
– The price of oil is down by 6%.
– The price of gold is up by 7%.
– Bitcoin is up 12.48%.
-Benjamin John Wareing