Here is an updated summary of what we know of the developing Nice, France attacks from 10:30pm local time on the 14th July 2016 – French Bastille Day:
- ISIS has officially claimed responsibility for the attacks.
- Attacker drove large lorry through 2 kilometres of Bastille Day crowds.
- At least 84 killed with 202 injured, 52 of which are ‘critical’.
- 10 children were killed in the attack.
- The driver has been killed by French police forces. He was called “Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel”.
- The attackers ex-wife is being detained for questioning in link to the attacks.
- “Guns and explosives” have been found within the large lorry.
- French government describe this as “attack”, with educated rumour that it is terrorist related.
- White House: “Obama is being updated”.
- Donald Trump: “I have postponed my announcement of running mate because of the attacks”.
- 10 Downing Street: “Prime Minister Theresa May is being kept updated”.
- People in area of Nice warned to stay indoors and away from the streets.
More updates as progressions are made.
-Benjamin John Wareing